Sunday, January 27, 2019

beautiful in our messiness

Listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing by Emily P. Freeman is stirring in me my own desire to be writing more.  
I love to write, so why do I only get one blog post out each month? Because so much of my struggle is fear...
what if I come across as too melancholy or depressed or too vulnerable?  
What if I am too messy in how I am occurring?
Not put together enough? 
Or my writing sucks (sorry for the language, it just seems appropriate).  
Often my perfectionism tendencies get in the way of my creative inner world.  
Often?  
Ok, maybe like 99% of the time.

SO, in listening to the Next Right thing podcast I am reminded to stop figuring out what people will think, and free myself to do just the next thing before me.  
And maybe writing is something I keep putting off.  I keep doing lots of mindless activities.  Sitting on facebook for way too many minutes (hours?!!!) and wasting myself away.  Reading other people's writing, thinking lots of thoughts that never get shared or put out there.
Then the restless spirit in me causes me to do some unhealthy things when I don't let myself do the healthy things like writing, creating...this creative spirit in me will eventually turn in on me.  I will find myself depressed, anxious, and eating.  Yes, eating.  Wow, I could be writing, or painting or ???  But instead I eat.  
Because my soul is hungry, and I take it to my physical body...
So what is the solution?
Well, I can gain some weight and eat
Or I can start to release the perfectionism and not allow it to have so much power over me
and start to write
What do you think?
How do you find yourself giving into perfectionism and not allowing yourself to give the world your true self? How does your inner critic keep you from offering us your beauty...mess and all?
As the title of my blog suggests...(This Beautiful Mess) we are beautiful even in our messiness.
So friends, let's try to not let perfectionism have the last word in our lives
Let's try to listen deeper within
and for me that means starting to write 
It's ok.to.show.up
mess and all
and discover that I am beautiful 
and you are beautiful
we have so much to offer this world
with courage we can listen to the deeper truer voice within
Let love shine the light within,
perfect love will cast out the fear 
of needing to be perfect!!
Say yes to your beautiful mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment