Thursday, October 23, 2014

dare

I dare you
to come out from hiding
the true You
the one hiding behind the masks
I dare you
to lay down the layers
the "you's" that the world
has helped you create
the "you's" that really aren't you
I dare you
to step out from behind the curtain
the safety net of hiding
because you just don't think others will like you
if they really knew you
and yet you don't like yourself
because this isn't really you
Trying so hard to be
what you really weren't meant to be
but what the world tells you you should be
Lots of people walking around
players in a script
written by the world
costing our souls
Taking away life
sometimes we believe
it's all there really is
Until someone dares
to step out and say "this is the real me!"
i'm done with the game
ready to become the real me
The one I was created to be
I dare you
to step out and see
the freedom that comes
when you no longer have to create yourself
but you get to become yourself
The freedom that comes
when we know who we are
and the world no longer gets to decide
who we are or who we are not
I dare you
to walk the path that is less clear
but the courage it takes will bring
a freedom that few have tasted
I dare you
to meet yourself
the true YOU
the one crying out to be loved
accepted
free
Free to be YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment