Friday, November 25, 2016

breaking the silence

It's easy to not post anything here because I often get stuck between "great thoughts in my head" and actually sitting down to type these great thoughts.  And then those "great thoughts" disappear.  So instead of waiting for those great thoughts to return, I'll just write something to break the silence.  Just because.  Sometimes I get caught up in trying to say something "great".  And then my posting stops because sometimes I just have things to say...are they great or not?  There's a lot of felt pressure to write cool things, funny things, wise things...but why not take the pressure off and just write?  I've been asking myself this lately.  So...here I am just writing.  Just being myself.  Or at least trying.  And so I am going to stop as quickly as I started because if I keep going, I will start trying to be "great".  Sometimes it's nice to just be.  And let that being be enough.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment